We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post, but this does NOT cost you anything extra! Check out my full disclosure for more info.
2020 has been a very crazy and insane year. I think one thing we can all agree on is that you never know what will happen.
Since the holiday season is upon us, do you have any questions about giving your outdoor enthusiast friends and family a gift? Have you had a tough time trying to figure out what to get them?
You might want to start early, don’t wait till the last minute like some of us. Rember shipping has been taking a lot longer than it used to. Say goodbye to the two-day shipping we used to know and love.
Continue reading to get some fantastic ideas. Otherwise, feel free to skip directly to what you are interested in.
The Gift Of Safety
With these uncertain times, giving your loved ones, something they can always use is important. Taking it one step further is making sure you have the three things listed below before entering 2021.
- Have a plan. What better time than now to talk with your family about being prepared for emergencies. It couldn’t hurt to sit down and make an actual plan (click the link for thoughts and ideas).
- On that same note, make sure everyone has an emergency kit. This can be a larger kit (also known as a bug-out bag) or specific kits for each member of your family.
- Want to become the favorite person in your family? Then give them the gift of power, with a Jackery battery.
My Top 15 Gift Ideas
So now you have gotten to the good part. The gifts to give your outdoor enthusiast or maybe someone you have no clue what to get them. I first started putting a list together, and when I got to 50, I decided that I needed to make this shorter. So check the 15 gift ideas that made the list.
- Down Jackets (or the REI 650 Down Jacket 2.0 is amazing too)
- Solo Stove Bonfire (who doesn’t like s’mores)
- Jetboil Flash
- The amazing Buff (warm and can cover your mouth and nose, I love the quarter Buff)
- Stuff Sacks (you can never have too many of these)
- Sleeping bag (there are many options out there)
- Sleeping pad (for car camping, I suggest the Exped Mega Mat, you can thank me later)
- Socks (Smartwool socks are amazing)
- Trekking poles (one of the best thing I got this year)
- Water purifier (I like the Grayl)
- Duffel Bags For Gear (the best one I have to date is from Mountain Ridge Gear, a company I stand behind and highly suggest)
- Hiking backpack (I use the REI Flash 55)
- A Way To Make Coffee (check out the Aero Press)
- Insulated Mug (the ones by Hydro Flask are awesome)
- Camp chair (not only is that super light, but you can also get the rocking fee attachment for even more comfort)
There are many other things and smaller items as well. If you want more suggestions, leave me a comment below, and I will give you some more considerations. As you know, I love gear, so this will be pretty easy to do.
You can also click the link below for extra savings. They have some good stuff over there.
I have been asked about gifts for people that they can use all year long. At first, that was tough for me to come up with until I realized what I use every year. So, if you would like to give your loved ones a gift that is there for them all year, instead of something they may not want, here are a few suggestions.
Focus@Will – I wrote a whole blog about this earlier. But know that I use this service every day of the year. I really have liked it since writing more, but I also listen to it when I need background noise. There is a free version and a paid-for version.
Grammarly – Since I have been writing more, and I am a horrible speller, Grammarly has changed my life. If it wasn’t for this service, I do think I would be writing as much. It’s way more than just a spell check, and I couldn’t recommend it enough for people in school, write for a living, or have a blog.
Yoga – I love going to the gym but haven’t been to one in a really long time. Since we never know what will happen, it’s nice having things you can do everywhere. So with this, you can give the gift that keeps on giving all year long.
USCCA – I decided to throw this on the list because I just renewed my membership. If you have questions, click the link to learn more. Having had multiple people came to me over the last few months about firearms and concealed carry, I think having some extra protection and training is essential.
What Gift Are You Going To Give?
I hope this gave you a few ideas to give your beloved outdoor enthusiast this holiday season. The best part is that you can also use these ideas throughout the year as well!
My next question is, what are you going to give this year? Let me know, and if there are any good ones, I might have to edit this list. As I mentioned, there is a lot of amazing gear out there. Narrowing it to only a few has been difficult.
How about leaving a comment about what is on your list this holiday season?
If you want to browse Amazon, click the box below:
2 thoughts on “The Outdoor Enthusiast Gift Ideas”
Is this your sneaky way of trying to find out what your Mum got you for Christmas?
Or…even more sneaky way of giving her your Wish List?
Seriously, this was a great list of ideas!
Haha, I don’t have the slightest clue on what you are talking about.